Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Ruby's baptism

Before we left for Ruby's baptism, Grandma Bonnie gave her a really nice set of her own scriptures (red/burgundy her favorite color) with her name printed on the front.  This is a tradition that my Mom has done for all her grandkids and I think it's great.



We got to the church 20 min before the baptism was supposed to start and we were the only ones there except for Brother G. that was filling up the baptismal font.

Ruby was so nervous and excited.  


Ruby and Dad. 

Ruby waiting for everyone to arrive.

Three of Ruby's friends were getting baptized the same day. I never got a photo of the four of them together because 5 minutes before it started I got a call from Eric in the changing room that he did not have the white suit he needed to Baptize Ruby.  So I raced home at an illegal speed repenting as I excelerated and got back a few minutes after the program had started.  


Although the day was a little crazy for me, Ruby had a great day and was excited to see so many friends and relatives there to support her.

Edit***
My friend Jackie (and Mom of Carley) emailed me photos that she took of all four of the kids together.  Thanks Jackie!
(Ruby, Macie, Carley & Ethan)
Do you love that all the girls had matching dresses? 
Costco had white Easter dresses for $15 and of course you can't beat that.  I would have never have thought I could purchase a baptism dress in a shopping cart with toilet paper and toothpaste.  

4 comments:

KC said...

Amazing that I know all 4 of these kids! I can't believe they are all so grown up. They look awesome. What a special day for them. I wish I could have played violin at the baptism for them. :)

Lora said...

The "dress" from Costco is popular. That is the dress we are using for my sisters wedding -- all of the little nieces are wearing that dress for the wedding. Couldn't beat the price and they are dang cute!

Tasha said...

The girls look beautiful and I am so proud of Haley.

I hope you soak up every minute of time with your mom, I know how precious she is to you and your girls.

Amanda said...

Sounds like a great day!

Love dresses from Costco.

Congrats to Ruby!

 
Blog tracker