Friday, April 10, 2009

The big reveal...

When Haley was in kindergarden I purchased a large 16x20 Canvas frame and asked her to paint a portrait of our family, I had no idea that I was starting a tradition that we would all love so much.

Haley took 2 weeks, working every day to create her portrait of our family:



A few years later when Ruby was five she took 3 days to create her portrait of our family:


Lucy is now the big five year old of the house so I bought her a canvas. 


With my urging to take her time, Lucy took about 2 hours to create this beautiful masterpiece complete with glitter in the sky.  


The artist hard at work in the creation process...


These painting are seriously some of my favorite things in our house, I just love them! 
I can't wait to see all three hanging together. 



4 comments:

Suzanne said...

You are so good about creating traditions even when you don't set out to do that. What an amazing gallery you will have with the family portraits and the five year old portraits.

Natalie said...

Chanel-I have to say I love this tradition of yours. I wish I knew about it years ago. What priceless treasures you have in your home!

Amanda said...

Awesome tradition.

I can't believe the time and care they put into it. It's amazing.

Tasha said...

Now that has to be one of your best ideas yet! I love the idea!

 
Blog tracker