Friday, April 03, 2009

Modesty

Child #1
I took Haley to the Mall to look for an Easter dress that she will wear (an impossible task).  I found a very simple blue top and a cool blue water colored skirt- Perfect I thought!  Haley said she Loved them. Score!  

When Haley tried them on in the dressing room she said she felt uncomfortable in the skirt because it was too short.  I told her it that skirts get shorter for Summer because it gets hotter, and that the skirt touched her knee. She said "I just feel so immodest".  No Easter dress yet.

Child #2
I was sitting in the office (computer at the end of the hall) when Ruby said "Hey Mom, turn around and We'll give you a fashion show. The 1st outfit was a small scarf that she had turned into a dress, followed by a topless outfit with high heeled boots. Here is one of the outfits that I took a photo of after I grabbed my camera.

 

Child #3 
There are no photos of Lucy because none of her outfits covered enough of her for me to feel comfortable posting a photo of them.

How have all three girls come from the same home?

4 comments:

Liz said...

Love the outfits. Once my girls made outfits out of grocery bags...now that was clever and definitely not modest!

Tasha said...

The differences are striking, aren't they? I remember that about Haley's age though, wanting to be very covered up, its kind of an akward time. The other two? You are going to have to follow them around to make sure they are wearing the same thing out and about that they were at home! Such fashion sense!

Shawna B. said...

Hilarious, Chanel! That Ruby is going places (she might not be very well covered, but she is going places!) I can just see it now, "RUBY PALMER BOUTIQUE" filled with all her creations that will be too expensive for us to buy! Got to love that Haley ... she is so much like my Hayden (not that he's into dresses or anything, but they just have such similar personalities).

Amanda said...

Ruby has always been fashion forward. I hope she puts it to good use some day.

It's so interesting to see how each child really does come with their own personality!

 
Blog tracker