Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The fish hatchery

The kids here meet every Thursday at different parks in the area... but today we went way out of the area (45 min away) to a fish hatchery.  It was super cool. They all got to feed beautiful big rainbow trout. 


Right after I took this photo of Lucy feeding the fish, she stuck her hand through a hole in the wiring and a large trout jumped up and bit her finger. I was not worried at first, but then I saw the blood. It turns out that rainbow trout have teeth on the top... who knew? 

Lucy was fine, she didn't even cry. I think she thought she was cooler then all the other kids because she actually got to "touch" a fish. 

We also saw some of the largest salmon I have ever seen in my life.  Ok, honestly I think the only Salmon I have seen has been on my dinner plate. 

I'm so glad this one didn't bite Lucy!

2 comments:

Shonda said...

Cool! I'm so glad you guys are loving everything there! Did Lucy draw that chalk fish? It's really good, if she did!

Chanel Palmer said...

Those fish where painted on the asphalt showing you which direction to go to see everything... no chalk drawing at our home has ever been a recognizable image.

 
Blog tracker