Thursday, August 20, 2009

Oregon weeds

Blackberries grow all over the place here. You can pick them along bike trails, or just pull over and pick by the side of the road. This is our favorite spot to pick off the side of the road.


The girls have done this before so I was surprised when they insisted they did not need long pants and long sleeves. I let them go like this figuring they would learn more from the natural consequences then they would from me nagging.

Of course the girls got all scratched up and had thorns in their crocks. Luckily we had Dad with us so we came home with a large bowl full of blackberries. 

Look at this photo and the rolling hills in the background... I still can't believe we live here. 
I really love it!

3 comments:

Tasha said...

I would love weeds like that in my yard!

Suzanne said...

Is there jam in your future? I hear refrigerator jam is super easy!

Chanel Palmer said...

Jam??? They get eaten and put in shakes before I can think about making jam.

 
Blog tracker