Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas Morning

Eric and I had finally cleaned up all the food and dishes from the party and accomplished all the last minute Christmas tasks and gone to bed. We had been quietly laying in bed for about 15 min when we heard Ruby yelling "He came, Santa came" from the balcony overlooking the living room.


It was 12:15 pm so I walked out and told her it was still the middle of the night and she needed to go back to sleep until morning. I went back to bed only for a few minutes before I could hear Ruby and Lucy whispering. They were standing on the balcony with flashlights trying to see what Santa left. I told them to go to bed. About 20 min later Ruby and Haley were jumping on our bed saying "Read this... You are not going to believe this!!!" Eric and I looked at each other and realized there was no way we were stopping this train, so we all got up to open presents.

They were so excited to hear that Santa was giving our friend Anna (who desperately wanted a chinchilla) her own chinchilla... and it was in our laundry room for Haley to take care of until Anna's family got back in town.

Eric and I sat in an exhausted stupor while the kids ripped open the gifts.

Haley was thrilled to finally get the box turtle(now named squirtle) she has been begging for.

At about 1:30 Eric and I finally went back to bed while the girls stayed up playing for hours.

2 comments:

Annemarie said...

That is hilarious. One day you guys will be able to laugh about it, too...

Suzanne said...

You two are so good about going with the flow.

 
Blog tracker