Friday, December 18, 2009

Say WHAT?

12/18/09
"Mom, it doesn't matter if I peed in the bathtub because Ruby and I peed in the bathtub last night." Lucy

"I did not pee in the bathtub." Ruby

"Yes you did." Lucy

"Ok, that is just disgusting. Did you seriously pee in the tub???? That is like trying to take a bath and get clean in a dirty toilet that someone has used. Really, no more baths only showers." Me

"A bath in the toilet???... coool!" Lucy (as if she was day dreaming about it).

12/14/09
Tonight we may have had the worst family home evening I can remember. These are a few of choice examples of how the night went.

"Ruby it's your turn to choose the song, what do you want to sing?" Dad

"Jingle bells" Ruby

" Ok... Mom it's your turn to conduct" Dad

"Dashing through the snow, in a one horse open sleigh" Mom and Dad singing

"NO, NO, NO, NO!!!! I said Jingle bells!!!! Ruby screaming

"This is how it starts, jingle bells is the chorus" Mom, while Dad continues with the song.

"I said Jingle Bells" Ruby throws a screaming tantrum during the entire song while we continue singing.

I googled "Jingle bell lyrics" and read them to her explaining that is how the song starts.

"You guys are totally lying!" Ruby disgusted with us.

We had a lesson on compassion and the importance of helping others and focusing on others more then ourselves. I explained that each of the girls were going to buy a gift that they would like to have, and donate it to a little girl their age that needed help this Christmas. I passed out the tags with the kids ages to each of my girls.

"Why should I give her a gift... she is going to give me NOTHING!" Lucy with a mean looking sassy face.

So much for my lesson.

12/7/09
"OOUCHH!!!, this Christmas tree must be a boy because it just scratched me" Lucy

12/1/09
"My favorite thing about Christmas is remembering and thinking about the birth of Santa"... long pause while I looked at her (Ruby) puzzled.... "I mean Jesus, the birth of Jesus" she said.

11/20/09
On the long flight to Puerto Rico my nephew Jacob was furious and said
"Dad, Ali hit me!"

"That's ok, when we get off the airplane you you can hit her back" Jake's Dad

Jake turned insta-happy with a big smile on his face and said "Really??? OK!"

Then Jakes Dad said "No, not really I was just kidding"

Jack folded his arms and turned insta-angry again.

11/20/09
While standing on the ramp thing waiting to get into the airplane a man standing next to Ruby said "So are you excited to fly on an airplane?"

Ruby casually replied "Not really, flying just not my thing."

2 comments:

Larkin said...

How funny! Which of you're girls said "the birth of Santa"?

~Larkin

Chanel Palmer said...

Larkin- It was Ruby. Thanks for letting me know I left her name out.

 
Blog tracker