Saturday, December 26, 2009

The day after

My good friend Melissa Hamblin had one of these when I was a kid and I thought it was the coolest. I have looked at them on line and they run $350 bills! So when I saw one at Tuesday Morning on sale for $150 I decided to check after Christmas to see if it was marked down more. I walked in right as they opened and scored this beauty for $60!



The woods used and carving are absolutely beautiful.
I hope my kids love starring at it as much as I do.

When I got back from the store Eric had already cleaned up the carnage from Christmas and had already started taking down the decorations.

By 12:30 all the ornaments were off the tree and he had his sawzall out to cut it into pieces.

It is always fun to decorate for Christmas and it always feels good to get it all put away!

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

The traces of your Christmas celebration resemble ours but what I really want to know is which Christmas quilt is that?

Chanel Palmer said...

Suzanne-
I really thought I had a photo of that Christmas quilt to email you but I can't find it and the quilt is packed away with all the Christmas decorations. It's a smaller version of the turning twenty block that I made from a charm pack of fabric I bought in Utah a couple of years ago. I went through my fabric and the only piece of it I have left has no selvage so I don't know the name of that line. So to answer your question... it's a super cute Chriatmas quilt (that you can't see) made from a fabulous line of retro/vintage fabric (that I can't tell you about).

 
Blog tracker