Tuesday, December 08, 2009

WARNING: Objects on mountains may be larger then they appear.

We wanted to do Christmas as true Oregonians, so Eric and I went to the Land management office and purchased a permit to cut down our own Tree.


We drove for about 45 min into the mountains, then got out in 19 degree weather and walked and walked all over looking for "our" tree. We both finally agreed on this one.

We had walked a lot farther then I realized so carrying this baby back to the car was not easy.

It was not until we got home and put this tree in our living room that we realized the how huge this tree was. We cut 3 feet off the bottom and it didn't even make a difference!

Haley decided on an angel this year instead of a star. She had to climb so high to put it on it on the top, she was terrified.


We had to move furniture out of the room to make space for this tree. Eric purchased 10 additional boxes of lights and then we put every ornament we own on it (even though it still looks empty).

At 13 ft, I'm sure this will be the largest tree that we will ever have in our home. Eric and I both agree that next year we are going to a tree farm to cut down our own tree.

8 comments:

Amanda said...

This makes me smile....we took a measuring tape with us to the tree farm and had a hard time finding one short enough to fit in our house.

Does it smell?

Chanel Palmer said...

Yes it smells wonderful!!!
This is the 1st real Christmas tree we have had since we got married. I was going through withdrawals from not having this smell at Christmas.

Suzanne said...

It is just beautiful!

How did you hang your quilt from the rail? That's such a great place to hang them.

Heather said...

That's happened to us more tham once. I don't know how they can look so small in the forest and so huge inside! Thank goodness for vaulted ceilings.

Chanel Palmer said...

Suzanne-
I just safety pinned a ribbon on both ends and one in the middle and tied the ribbons over the railing. That area up there is like a bridge, so I have another quilt hanging over the front railing. I love having a place to hang my quilts!

The Shields Fam said...

Jeff and I lived this exactly the first year we were here! Isn't it crazy how small they look in nature, compared to in your living room!

Suzanne said...

You have such wonderful quilts. I'm glad you found such a wonderful place to display them. My collection is growing but surely not as quickly as yours. I'm almost finished with my house quilt. Yes, the one we did exchanged for in 2007.

Jill said...

This is one of the funniest things I've seen in a long time!

 
Blog tracker