Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The night of the notables

I never dreamed that Haley would willingly wear gold lame', but I was wrong. Haley did her 6th grade notables project on the Egyptian queen/pharaoh Hatsheput. Haley was VERY specific about what her costume needed to be, right down to the colors of the stripes on the headdress. She was thrilled with how it turned out (I think I made big mom points as a result).


Haley and her cute friend Anna(was the cutest Sakaguwa ever).

Haley even stood in front of all the parents and read her bio-riddle with total confidence. I think she did a great job writing this and reading it in front of everyone:

I was born around 15 century BC
near the Mediterranean Sea
In Egypt my parents ruled
that's were I was schooled
I grew up learning to read
people paid my parents heed
My Step-brother I married
across the Nile we ferried
My husband came down with the cancer of the skin
it was a battle he didn't win
My step-son I cared for
he got to be quite a chore
I took over his duty
about it he was moody
After I became pharoh
everybody said good to know
I sent people to Punt to trade
they came back with gold and jade
After I disappeared into nowhere
many people believed my step-son has something to do with the affair
He erased everything with my inscription written in Egyptian.
Who am I?

No comments:

 
Blog tracker