Thursday, April 15, 2010

We had a baby today!!!!!!

I noticed Ming ming sitting in her food bowl and thought it was weird, but when I heard little squeaking noises I went to go check her. She had just given birth to this wet scary looking bloody fur ball.  Even though it was ugly I was so excited I couldn't stand it!


45 min later the girls got off the bus and Haley got to hold her new little baby. We will not know if it's a girl or boy for several weeks... of course I am hoping for a girl.



After 5 hours it was licked clean, dry and walking around the cage. I love that chinchillas come out fully cooked with open eyes and all their hair. After a few hours look how cute!!!! From the way it bounces around the cage, I think it's happy to be here.


In other very sad news today Lucy came home from school with a fever and throwing up and two of our big chickens died. They got their necks stuck in a tight space. I guess you could say curiosity killed the cat and chickens. So sad. Ruby sat next to the coop crying for over an hour.

2 comments:

Mandee Shaffer said...

OH MY GOSH!!!! THAT IS SOOOOOO CUTE!!!! Baby animals are SOOOO CUTE! Except possums. Their babies are freaky.
SOrry about the chickens! :(

Larkin said...

The baby chinchilla is so cute! What are you going to name it? So sad about the chickens and Lucy:(

 
Blog tracker