Sunday, June 06, 2010

The laundry room... before/after

When my Mom came to visit over a month ago she slipped my painter her phone number (no comment) and asked him to call her. For a house warming gift my Mom paid him to paint all the laundry room cabinets inside and out white. Paint along with removing a cabinet and some new appliances made a huge difference.  FYI- All the before photos I will be posting are from our final walk through before we closed on the house.  Check it out.


Before:
Of course the sewing machine was a sign, I needed to live here.  


After:
This room gets tons of use as the office, laundry room/mud room for backpacks/ shoes and Chinchilla home. Did I mention that it has a laundry shoot from the girls bathroom upstairs? Love it!


Before:

After: 
We just got the washer and dryer (we waited for the memorial day sales), but eventually Eric will put a counter all the way across including the sink.


Before:
This women was a true sewer, the refrigerator was unplugged and stored her fabric.

After:
We used that space for the chinchillas.


Before:

After:
This closet holds the girls jackets backpacks and shoes. This room is right off the garage so it's great to have a place for them to dump them right when they walk in. 



One of my favorite things about this house is the view from every room. When I am wasting time on the computer look at my view! I get to watch the chickens chase each other and watch Lucy pick dozens of flowers with her fingers (even though I have beg her to use scissors).



3 comments:

The Shields Fam said...

love it! i wanna come live in your laundry room!

Suzanne said...

Your mom was an angel with a vision.

You sure have come a long way since the condo. I think your laundry room is bigger than your old kitchen. Swanky!

jenny said...

Wow, wow, wow. This really makes me wanna visit. You guys did a great job!

 
Blog tracker