Sunday, June 20, 2010

Lucy's 7th birthday!!!


Of course she woke up with the birthday quilt!



 Lucy is obsessed with pandas, so of course she wanted a panda party. Since we moved to our new house a lot of people have not been here I drove to the end of our long driveway to put a panda sign with an arrow. When I came back towards the house Lucy was on the side of the driveway picking wildflowers. I love this photo!

Pandas are not too popular, so I had a really hard time coming up with ideas for the party. Here are a few of the things we did. 

I bought bear & cat (only one kid noticed the different ears) piggy banks from the dollar store and the girls painted them to look like pandas. 


The girls each decorated their own cupcakes with mini Oreos to look like pandas.

We had chinese food for lunch. I was surprised that EVERY kid there loved chinese food and pounded it. I think I may do chinese food for all future parties- it was a serious hit.


We played panda games on the trampoline and hot panda inside.

The girls drew pandas on bags, then Haley filled them with their party favors. I was amazed at what great pandas they drew. They were so stinking cute!


Lucy had a very happy birthday!

2 comments:

Liz said...

What a cute party!! Lindsey loves Panda's too, so I will have to keep this in mind for the future!

Suzanne said...

Happy birthday, Lucy! I can't believe you are seven. You were just a wee baby when I met your mom and dad. I'm glad you had such a fun party.

 
Blog tracker