Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Say WHAT?

5/8/10
"Have you seen this little bump on the top of my foot? I keep thinking... did Mom marry her cousin or something?" Lucy
Eric and I look at each other puzzled
"Are you staying that you think you have a birth defect? Dad
"Ya, no one else has this." Lucy

5/16/10
While driving to church
"I think we should go on a Disney cruise" Ruby
"Ya, I want to. I think that would be really fun." Dad
"I think we should go on a trip to a foreign country where we can do service. We can help them and focus on others and really make a difference in someone's life that needs it.  I have heard so much wining and complaining I think it would be good for us to focus on others rather then pamper ourselves laying on a beach." Me

little pause

"No, I just want to go on a trip to have fun." Ruby
"Ya, me too." Dad

6/3/10
While we were sitting in the dentists office there were two different large photos of women showing their perfect teeth.
"If you could be one of these women which one would you choose?" Lucy
After looking at them for a minute I said "That one, because she looks the happiest. Which one would you want to be?" Me
Lucy pointed to me and said "I would be you"
I think thats nicest thing any of my kids have ever said to me.

6/5/10
While driving to school
"Shoot, I brushed my teeth before breakfast and now I have raspberry seeds in my teeth from the jam." Me
"SEE, you are NOT perfect" Ruby
"What? I NEVER said I am perfect. I am far from perfect." Me
"Ya, but Dad says you are." Ruby

6/8/10
"Holy cow stop fighting over the syrup!!! You girls remind me of Cinderella's step sisters fighting over the dress." Me
"I agree....except I'm Cinderella" Eric
The fighting stopped and all the girls started cracking up laughing

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

I'm so glad you got to document that compliment Lucy gave you.

 
Blog tracker