Sunday, October 07, 2007

General Conference


I tried to have an activity for my girls to watch during General Conference. A friend of mine gave me Conference Bingo sheets so I took the Bingo sheets and a bag of Starburst (bingo chips) to Grandpa and Grandma Browns house to watch Conference. The Bingo thing only lasted for the 1st 30 minutes and they were over it.

I told my girls for ever talk they listened to they could eat a Starburst when the speaker said Amen. It actually worked! Ruby and Lucy snuggled into a big Lazy Boy chair, held and smelled the big bag of Starburst and as soon as someone said amen they both said "AMEN and ate one Starburst". I'm not sure if they learned anything, but they were quiet and happy and entertaining for me to watch.

My favorite talk was given by Elder Dallin H. Oaks where he talked about choices and priorities. I have been struggling very things he talked about and can't wait to read his talk again. The full text is not on line yet, but you can listen to his talk here. It was the Sunday afternoon session.

6 comments:

Liz said...

Great idea! We've tried the bingo thing before in the past, and usually they would just eat all the treats and not pay attention. This year we didn't do anything. I don't know if it was better or not.

jenny said...

I wish I would have emailed you my 18 page packet I was sent. It was great! Glad you were able to swing the starbursts. I still remember going to Hawlie's 2 years ago watching conference with you guys. Remember Lucy getting into the chapstick? Has it been that long since we have seen you guys? So sad. I think it calls for another Disney vacation ;)

Jill said...

What a genius idea about the starbursts and the end of the talks, I'm impressed that the girls went for it.

I loved Elder Oaks' talk too!

Anonymous said...

Hey Chanel! It has been so long! I found you through Karyn's blog. Your girls have gotten so big & have stayed so cute! Your quilts & great ideas are so fun to look at. Well i wont make this a novel or anything, i just wanted to say "hello, i hope we can keep in touch! *Mickey (remember me?)raggedyd1@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Hey Chanel! It has been so long! I found you through Karyn's blog. Your girls have gotten so big & have stayed so cute! Your quilts & great ideas are so fun to look at. Well i wont make this a novel or anything, i just wanted to say "hello, i hope we can keep in touch! *Mickey (remember me?)raggedyd1@yahoo.com

Shawna B. said...

Chanel! Glad I popped on over to see what's been going on at the Palmers! Sounds like a lot ... of poop! I am still laughing! And, honestly, I LOVE that it was Haley that did it.

Great idea with the Starbursts! "Conference Candy!" Brilliant!

I'm excited for your cruise!!!! May I join you? I promise to be no trouble at all, and I will NOT make any strange observations, either - Haley's teacher sounds interesting. :)

Chanel, love you! You are a breath of fresh air - so glad I know you!

 
Blog tracker