Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Smoke, smoke... smoke


We can't actually see the fires at all, we cant see anything. There is so much smoke everything is gray. Your lungs hurt and your eyes water when you go outside. The kids can't leave their classrooms at school. They have been having recess and lunch in their classrooms. It is really terrable. The worst part for me is seeing all the ash falling and knowing how many homes have been lost, it is very depressing.

***EDIT- Our school district has cancelled school for the rest of the week.

5 comments:

Suzanne said...

I am glad you are safe. I can't begin to imagine what it feels like to be there for at this dreadful time.

Anonymous said...

Hi Chanel! Do you guys have a fire near you? Sorry for being clueless, our local news is consumed with the San Diego fires. It's a mess. We are actually in an evcuation zone, but we are on the very edge and we feel like we are fine. You know when you come to our house and come on the 76 past Fallbrook? Fallbrook is burning. The entire city is evacuated. My friend's family stayed here Monday and Tues. Their house is still standing though! Yeah!
Shonda

jenny said...

I too am glad you guys are safe. How are Eric's parents? I saw where there was some worry of it into Orange County and Irvine. So scary. I hope the winds die down. Wish you were here enjoying some fresh air!

Liz said...

Glad you are safe! I can't imagine being in that area with all the smoke! Take care!

Jill said...

That picture is so scary. I really hope it rains and things clear up right away!

 
Blog tracker