Friday, October 19, 2007

I love this quilt!

I just finished this quilt for my friend Nicole's baby due next week and I just LOVE IT!

I love it because it reminds me of when I purchased the fabric (7 years ago) on a fabric field trip with my NOLA friends.

I love it because the vintage fabric makes me happy.

I love it because of who I am giving it to.




Whenever I make a something for someone, I think about that person while I am making it. When I give the gift away it is so much more then fabric and time, it really is my way of showing how much I love and appreciate that person. I can't wait to give it to her!

5 comments:

Suzanne said...

And as a recipient of gifts you have made, I can genuinely say the love you instill in its creation is palpable. Would it be greedy to say I want to see MORE of the quilt? :-)

jenny said...

Holy cow I was just flooded back down memory land. I vaguely remembered the soldier fabric but that aunt grace dots--I had forgotten about.

It turned out darling. She will LOVE it!!


Hmmmm can I make birthday requests for next year? :)

Chanel Palmer said...

Suzanne,
I just gave it to her tonight so I can't take any more photos. If you double click on the photo it should super size it to where you can see the individual fabrics.

Suzanne said...

It is just precious! I love the fussy cuts and the colors. You did a great job!

Amanda said...

A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. This also gives me hope for the ever growing stash of fabric in my closet. I will use it when the right project comes along.

 
Blog tracker