Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Ruby's Party

Ruby's "Real Birthday" was on Sunday, so Saturday night as she was laying in bed trying to fall asleep she yelled out "Mom, don't forget to put the Birthday quilt on me". I didn't forget and she woke up so happy. I took a photo of her in front of the quilt after church. Later Sunday her Primary teacher from church Ms. Jinky called and asked if she could drop off Ruby's present... I was just as surprised as Ruby that she gave her a sewing machine!!! Needless to say she spent the rest of the day sewing. Thank you Jinky!

Ruby's birthday party- a slumber party was the following Friday night. I sewed little sleeping bags out of chenille and slipped the invitations into them (sorry, I forgot to take a photo of the sleeping bag).
We ate pizza and played games.I tried to make a cake that looked like all the girls tucked into bed. They loved figuring out which face was who.

We opened presents!

Then we put all the girls in trash bags and sent them out to the garage to paint pillow cases. They all opted for modern art.

We watched Game Plan, then read storied and went to bed.

We had Micky Mouse and Hello Kitty waffles for breakfast then everyone went home with a bag full of candy jewelry and a CD of Ruby's favorite songs .
I am a recent convert to I tunes (no, I do not own an I pod) but did you realize that you can print out the CD case with all the songs on that playlist right from I tunes??? So cool.

Overall they I think everyone had a great time and I actually got more sleep them I was expecting.

6 comments:

Suzanne said...

You are such a cool party mom! What a great birthday for Ruby. I can't wait to see some of Ruby's Originals. How long before you have labels made for her sewn items?

Jill said...

What a party! You make everything so cute and fun. The cake is especially creative and cute.

I didn't know I could print out the cd case from itunes, that would save me some work!

Liz said...

What a fun party!! I love the cake, so cute and clever!

Natasha said...

I love all of your ideas - the sleeping bag invites, the cake, the CD. What lucky little girls you have!

Amanda said...

You are a VERY fun mom. Good job. Itunes is so much fun and I had no idea about the CD case...will have to check that out!

jenny said...

That is the coolest party favor ever. Glad you survived the "screaming" night of little girls :) That cake is adorable!

 
Blog tracker