Monday, February 18, 2008

What am I eating?

Jill commented on my last post asking me this question. I find myself asking the same question.

I am constantly eating, because I feel like I am starving. Everything I eat seams so dry. I am used to lots of sour cream, cheese and butter but I can't have any of that right now. Here is a sample of what I have been eating:

Shredded chicken on lettuce with apples (pureed in the food processor) as the dressing. I cannot have any mayo or salad dressing.

Black beans with creole spices and white rice. Sometimes I go crazy and add some salsa!

Corn chips and salsa. I eat this all day long

Grilled chicken

Tons of fruit. I have been averaging 5-7 pears a day 3-4 apples, lots of carrots, cucumbers and red bell peppers.

6-7 egg whites (hard boiled) a day

That's pretty much what I have been eating for a week now.

In reality, this is totally completely awful and last night I had a mental break down because I can't imagine doing this for 3 more weeks.

Trying to be positive... my kids are eating lots of fruits and vegetable because that's what our fridge is full of.

5 comments:

Shonda said...

Surprisingly, you can get used to baked potatoes with just salt and pepper pretty fast. I ate a lot of those when I was on the 0 fat, scared to eat anything that might send me writhing in pain, my gall bladder needs to come out, diet. And I just have to give Rice Milk on cereal another plug. It's really not that bad at all! Oh, one more! Roast a chicken, potatoes and carrots for dinner, then turn it into soup the next day for lunch.You could add rice to it, too. Think of simple pioneer style foods. You might look at Atkins or South Beach recipes, also. Good luck!

KC said...

Oh poor you! That does not sound fun. I hope and pray that it pays off and you find the answers you are looking for to make your life better in the long run.

Has this diet helped your complexion? I am totally battling with mine. It is awful and I have been going to a dermatologist for months now with no improvement. I think I might need to change some things in my diet.

Amanda said...

Oh Chanel! I can't imagine how frustrating this is for you! You can do it though...3 more weeks! Have you searched online for recipes that are wheat / dairy free? Just a thought. Good luck!

Chanel Palmer said...

It has not changed my complexion at all, but I have to say that my Derm Doc has me on 3 things that have worked wonders. Duac topical gel in the morning/ a benzoyl peroxide creamy wash and differin at night. Kaycee, I bet your skin is just working all the smog out now that you live in Hawaii :)

Liz said...

Oh, this sounds not so fun! I agree with the roast chicken idea...can you have salt and garlic? That will give it some nice flavor and a little fresh rosemary sprinkled all over. Yum! Good luck!

 
Blog tracker