Wednesday, February 13, 2008



Since this is my year to "Remodel" I am finally doing something about my allergies and constant sinus problems. After meeting with the Allergy Doc and going through testing, he feels that my allergies are food based and not environmental. I had already cut out sugar which has been huge, but now the Doctor is asking me to significantly restrict my diet for approx one month. He gave me 4 pages detailing what I CANT eat and just this half sheet with what I can eat.

I am already eating no sugar, now no wheat products or dairy!!!! I live on dairy products - I feel like I have been told that I cannot eat ever again.

After walking around the grocery store reading labels forever, I am feeling emotionally over budget on this remodeling project. So help me if I am allergic to dairy...

You may be wondering if I have lost any weight with my dietary changes- Yesterday Lucy asked me if I had a baby in my tummy because it was so big... apparently I am gaining.

8 comments:

Liz said...

Wow, good luck with this! I can't imagine trying to eat only a few foods and giving up so many! I hope you aren't allergic to dairy either!

Shonda said...

You can do it, Chanel! I have a dairy allergy,too. I use Rice Dream on my cereal and oatmeal. I also cook with it quite a bit. I don't drink it straight, though. I can help you plan a menu if you'd like. I have a bit of experience with this food allergy stuff, as you know! :)(
By the way, was this a traditional allergist you saw?? Impressive!

everything pink! said...

or you could find a great sinus surgeon who could fix you in 5 minutes and go back to eating whatever you want... hee hee.

Amanda said...

Oh my word! Good luck! I really hope your experiement works and that you can remedy this situation soon.

Suzanne said...

Chanel, I have lots of interesting recipes for dairy free, wheat free and/or sugar free dishes. Let me know what I can do to help you through this next month!

jenny said...

Sorry to hear the no dairy thing. That would be tough! I hope you get to the bottom of this nasty allergy thing--yuck!

Tasha said...

Have you tried a netti pot? I saw Dr. Oz on Oprah talking about them (and you KNOW if it was on Oprah...) seriously, I have friends who swear by them and swear that they were able to rid themselves of allergies. It flushes everything out of your sinuses with warm salt water. You can get them at drug stores or pharmacies. I had Dave pick one up for me since I've been sick for so long, I need to get whatever junk is in there out. I haven't tried it yet. Hopefully you will be able to gigure out what the problem is and be able to add things back to your diet very soon. I can't imagine not being able to eat dairy and wheat! What CAN you eat? Fruit? Veggies?

Jill said...

Oh dear, I'd be in serious trouble if I had to give up those things. What in the world are you eating?

 
Blog tracker