Thursday, June 12, 2008

She's gone

I drove Haley out to the Burbank airport to fly to Utah as an "unaccompanied minor". 


This is the airport that I flew out of as a kid and I have not been back there for about 20 years. 
On the way there I was telling the girls how when I was a kid the airport was really small and you had to walk outside to get on the planes.  I knew that it was going to be completely updated, expanded and now referred to as the Bob Hope airport.  

It was actually exactly the same as I remembered it. Even down to the tile arch as you walk in the main entrance.  And just like when I was a kid Haley walked outside to get on the airplane.

She was so excited and not nervous at all. I was really proud of myself because this time I did not cry when she got on the plane. 

When we got to the top of the parking garage we could see her plane leaving gate and waited to watch it take off. 
I had a horrible sick feeling in my stomach as I watched my 9 year old fly thousands of feet into the air- without me.
She arrived safely and Grandma Bonnie picked her up for her 3 days with the Bowman's and her much anticipated "Melaina time".  Since she is going to be in a softball camp the whole time we are in Utah we flew her out early to visit her best friend Melaina!

6 comments:

Annemarie said...

Did I just read that you are going to be in Utah???? (she says excitedly!!!!) Hmmmmm.....

Suzanne said...

Hope you all have a great trip!

Jill said...

I'm impressed!

Amanda said...

What a grown up girl! I think I would have been in knots too. Sounds like such a fun trip for her!

Tasha said...

How fun! You guys are great for having her go out early! Are you staying at the Bowmans? I live about 40 minutes from them. Maybe we can hook up???

jenny said...

What a fun idea. Those girls are going to have a blast!

 
Blog tracker