Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The light at the end of the tunnel


Eric and I in Puerto Rico 1995


It has been 11 years since we moved to New Orleans for Medical school. Over those 11 years I can't begin to count how many people have commented about the "light at the end of the tunnel".  I have never felt that way.  Yes being starving students stinks, but we were happy and I couldn't imagine waiting 11 years to be happy.

Now that we are near the end of the road with less then a year of fellowship left.  I still adore Eric and he is still gone a ton, but I would be lying if I said I don't salivate over the idea of having a back yard and our girls having their own bedrooms. I guess I am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel.
 

3 comments:

jenny said...

Holy scary about your kitchen. First water, then potential fire. I am SOOO glad your friend came over. What a blessing!

Yay for the light. I am anxious to see where you guys will end up. Rumor has it, he had an interview in the mountains last week :)

Anonymous said...

childrens' Bedrooms, master bedroom nightstands, buying a church dress with less guilt.....it's more appreciated because of "the tunnel!" Can't wait to hear where you interview!!!

Ali said...

You are exactly right..........you are almost there!! Trust me on this one, it will all work out! You guys deserve to have it all, you've worked so hard to be at the END! So glad you can see the light!

 
Blog tracker