Thursday, February 12, 2009

My new jewelry box

Over the years I have acquired a lot of jewelry. My Dad loved to buy jewelry and I bought tons of jewelry from the Sundance warehouse sales when I worked there. I also inherited some of my favorite pieces from both of my Grandmothers when they passed away.


Even with the plethora of earring I posses, I wear the same silver hoops (from Target) or my diamond studs (from Walmart) everyday... and have done so for like 5 years. I decided that I needed a better way to store jewelry so I could see them better and get to them easily. If I could do this I would break my uniform of boring jewelry.

So I went on a quest for great jewelry storage containers. Here are a few examples of what I found.

This one was one sale for $22.39 at organize.com

$17.99 The container store

This was just hilarious. For only $35 (free shipping) I could get a closet for my earrings... complete with hangers to hang them on. Can you believe this?

None of the containers I found were what I wanted. I wanted more storage and for less money. So I became desperate and went outside the bonds of my marriage to Target and ventured to my least favorite store... I wont say any names (Walmart).

They not only had exactly what I wanted, but they were unbelievably cheep at less then $5.00 a box!!!!!




Check out my new fabulous jewelry storage boxes. I love them so much, I went back and bought more but they were absconded by three little girls to store their jewelry treasures. I guess I need to go back to "that" store again.

2 comments:

Liz said...

Those work pretty well, eh? Last year Ben got me a jewelry box from Target for Christmas. It is nice and big, but I wish it had more compartments still.

Tasha said...

That is a great idea! I need to do something, everything is a garbled mess in my top drawer.

 
Blog tracker