Monday, February 16, 2009

A conversation with a serial crafter

8:30 am " Mom, what is that?" Ruby

"It's a rug that I am designing" Me
"Whatever..." Ruby


9:45am "What are you doing now" Ruby
"I'm tracing the design onto tracing paper so I can transfer it to the rug backing" Me
"Whatever..." Ruby

7:30 pm "Oh my gosh, what is that?" Ruby
"It's wool that I am dyeing green for the rug." Me
"That's sick!" Ruby




8:00 pm
"MOM! Why are you using tea to dye your wool... we don't even drink tea!!!" Ruby
"I am just using it to get certain color for the bee hive on the rug" Me
(Ruby in total disgust) ".... Mom, I am REALLY starting to worry about you!"


<



6 comments:

Suzanne said...

Poor Ruby! I can relate to her reactions as a kid looking at my mom's projects and now I am my mother. I am a serial crafter too. You know what they say, "If it's not one thing, it's your mother."

I can't wait to see that rug. I love those BEs.

Shonda said...

Very cool! So, are you going to spin the wool yourself? (You hook with yarn, right?)

Chanel Palmer said...

I am using a primitive style of traditional rug hooking with 1/4 strips of wool felt. I am dying more wool tonight- I'm a little addicted to the dying process.

Liz said...

Funny conversation. I think your rug is going to look so beautiful when it is done!

KC said...

I am so excited to see this rug!! My grandmother makes braided wool rugs. They are sooo gorgeous! I can't comprehend how you would make a pattern. I'm not worried about you though.

Amanda said...

I am completely impressed!

I had to buy a huge box of tea for Terry to dye some wool for something he was doing for his sister for Christmas and our kids had the same reaction.

I can't wait to see your finished product!

 
Blog tracker