Sunday, February 08, 2009

Lake Arrowhead

We had a quick overnight trip up to Lake Arrowhead to enjoy all the fresh new snow. It was soo beautiful up there!


We stayed at a house I have gone to my entire life. It was my Grandma Tutu's house, but my Uncle Tyke owns it now and is very generous in letting us use it. It's so fun for me to watch my kids doing all the stuff that I used to love to do there.

This was the 1st time Ruby had ever seen it snow. Can you tell how exciting this was for her?

It took a while to get the furnace heated up, so lucy just stood in front of it to keep warm.


The girls had a blast playing in the snow. Haley loved shoveling the snow off the steps (and there are many). After she finished the house steps she cleared several of the 150 steps down to the dock. 


We told lucy she could eat all the snow she wanted so she was happy.  Here she was at the lunch buffet.

Haley was also excited to try maple syrup on snow... something she read about in a book.

One of the highlights of the trip was tubing.  They had a blast.
 
Haley striking a striking pose

Ruby busting out some serious speed

Eric just looking good
Lucy going freestyle




I was busy cleaning up snow clothes when I realized that the girls were all sitting quietly talking about how beautiful the fire was while they were warming up their feet.  Haley had her arms around her sisters and they were being so sweet and loving.  This is what I imagined parenting was like (before I had kids). Of course I needed to document it with a photo because this doesn't happen that often in my reality.


After dinner we roasted marshmallows for dessert

It was so wonderful not to have the phone ringing and the Disney Channel on the TV.  It was very quiet and relaxing. 


1 comment:

Suzanne said...

I really, really love the picture of the girls in the love seat in front of the fire. Those moments are so precious and these days, in my house, few and far between. Although, just now Walker did do something nice for Mason. He came to me and then said, "Wasn't that kind of me?" Indeed it was.

Mason is also a big fan of eating snow so I always have to watch and make sure it's clean. :-)

 
Blog tracker