Monday, May 11, 2009

Say WHAT?

5/10/09 Mother's day 1st thing in the morning...

Lucy climbed into my bed in the morning, handed me a pen and paper and said:
"I want to tell you what I want for my birthday.  I want a cake with little lady bugs and a big flower on it. Can you also do polka dots and make a lipstick? I want a candle with glitter. Do you know how to make a mountain, you just go like this (using her finger to draw one).  Can you make snowflakes and a water fountain with water. I also want a little leaf. Can you draw a picture that goes like this - up, up up, up (using her finger to draw scallops). That's all.
(Can you tell she watches Ace of Cakes?)

Then she continued...
"Actually I need to tell you what presents I want. I want a Nintendo DS and a flower from the Richy's yard (our neighbors), they wont notice if you just take one. I want a pink one but if they only have yellow, then get me yellow... oh and I want a bag of Reeces peanut butter cups. "

5/10/09 While sitting in church...
Haley said "Mom, why do you have those circles under your arms?" 
"I'm hot and sweating" Me
"Oh SICK, that's SWEAT???" Haley
"Does it stink?" Lucy as she pushed her nose deep in my armpit
"Ya.. it's sicko" Lucy
"Totally" Haley

5/10/09 ...Still sitting in church
Ruby is playing with my hair and says "It's too bad you don't have that special makeup- it makes you skin all shiny, makes all the bumps and lines go away and would make you look a lot younger" 

5/10/09 ...Again at church
"I wish we had already moved!" What Haley said to the Primary President when she was asked to go up and sing for Mother's day. 

5/10/09 Right after church while eating dinner...
"Mom why did Max have a surgery so he couldn't have babies... he's a boy, he can't have babies". Ruby
"He had the surgery to make him less aggressive and make it so he does not want to try to make babies" Me
"WHAT, he's a boy!" Ruby
"Dad and I will talk to you tonight and explain exactly how babies are made" Me
"Oh ya.... I remember THAT talk."... Haley looking completely disgusted.
"But if you ask lots of questions you can stay up even later" Haley

5/8/09 "Ok... but please don't mess up my lipstick" what Lucy said as she came over for me to help brush her teeth before bed.

4/29/09 "Mom, you can't do that... drinking and driving is illegal!" What Ruby said as I took my strawberry banana smoothy in the car. 

1 comment:

Shawna B. said...

Hilarious!!! Chanel ... you could publish this stuff! SO funny. THanks for making me laugh and convincing me that I have GOT to spend some time with your girls!

I so enjoyed reading about your Grandma ... I mean, TuTu. What an amazing woman who led a fascinating life.

 
Blog tracker