Friday, January 22, 2010

Cheyenne is in the house!!!!

We have been preparing for a while and today was the day. Our 14 year old niece Cheyenne moved in with us. She flew up from California on an airplane by herself and it was the 1st time she has ever been on an airplane.


Ruby, Lucy and Haley have been counting down the days for her to arrive. Lucy volunteered to give up her room and moved in with Ruby so Cheyenne could have her own room.

Cheyenne brought cute gifts for the girls that they all LOVED. Of course everyone was happy, nice and on their best behavior. I know they will all start fighting like real sisters soon.

It was kinda funny that Cheyenne left California with horrible rainy weather and came to Oregon where it is sunny and beautiful.

One of the Young Women in the ward stopped by to meet Cheyenne. She brought her a really cute dry erase board and magnetic clips to help decorate her room. We have such great youth here, I can't wait for Cheyenne to get sucked up by all the activities and fun things they do. I know this will be a positive experience for her.

One thing that shocked me, Cheyenne has gotten a lot taller then when we moved away in June. She is only 14 years old but at 5 feet 9 inches... she looks down on me!

2 comments:

Shonda said...

Praying it will be a blessing for all involved! I don't know if you know this but my 12 year old nephew lived with us when Larkin was 2 and Corry was a baby for about 6 months. It was a good experience and I have always felt a bond with him since!

April said...

I am so happy for this!! You are the best!

 
Blog tracker