Saturday, January 30, 2010

Smothered with affection

Cheyenne seems to be acclimating really well to Oregon and our family. I can't even imagine how scary it must be for her to move to a new state start at a new high school and make all new friends. She has been really optimistic and brave about everything.


Ruby and Lucy are OBSESSED with Cheyenne. They watch her put on make up like they are watching the best movie ever. They constantly want to play with her and Cheyenne seems to enjoy it (for now). We have been a little stir crazy since we have been home bound with lice and sickness. Tonight the three of them put on a play for Haley and I. Haley has been on the sofa since Wed with a 103 fever and stomach upset. Here are a few photos of the play.


They were hilarious and kept asking for pictures of everything. I took some video that is priceless.

One of them (I'm guessing Ruby) has been leaving Cheyenne little love notes everyday.


Fyi- this may look like Cheyenne has a ton of chores, but each of the girls have the same list with the same chores just on different days. Eric came up with this plan a while ago to make all the chores even and it has worked really well. Cheyenne has jumped right in with her chores and is doing great.

6 comments:

Shonda said...

More info on the chore chart please! What is *Do Activity? What are the other chores for the other girls? Do they rotate? Do they check them off as they do them?

Shonda said...

And by the way, what is your housekeeping schedule? I am making big changes around here and need ideas!

Suzanne said...

I'm glad the girls are enjoying their new big "sis."

Add me to the list of inquiring minds want to know more about that chore chart.

Chanel Palmer said...

I will explain more about the kids chores later, as for my cleaning schedule...I really don't have a master plan. I tend to do a lot of cleaning on Mondays(my laundry day) and Saturday mornings with the kids. I should have Eric make a schedule for me!

Mandee Shaffer said...

My favorite is on sunday "go to chuch" first of all chuch is fun to say, second of all, I love that go to church is a chore. Awesome.

Chanel Palmer said...

Oh Mandee...
One of my girls would gladly substitute ANY other chore in place of going to church. It is also a chore for me to get her there.

 
Blog tracker