Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas day

This photo pretty much sums up the morning. 


 Cheyenne got to Skype with her brother who is serving a mission in Iowa.


 It cracked me up when I found Cheyenne carrying her favorite chicken Cecilia into the house to show her brother! I don't think he was as excited about the chicken as Cheyenne was.


Here are some of my favorite outfits of the day... and day after. (Yes those are christmas lights and boxes as Eric and I took the tree down on Christmas.)

Here is Haley getting prepared to go out in the snow for some archery practice.


 She went out and shot arrows at the target for over an hour in the snow, in this get up.


This is my personal favorite. Eric in his U of U Snuggie that Grandma gave him. I'm not sure what is funnier. That he's wearing it backwards or that he is so tall it fits him like a bathrobe.


Gotta love Lucy in her panda hat from Grandma Bonnie and her outfit that Ruby made for her. Yes, Ruby sewed the skirt and appliqued the shirt.


Speaking of handmade gifts, our family did only handmade gifts for each other this year. It was fabulous! The kids really put a lot of time and thought into their gifts. The only other gift I have a photo of right now is the Dream letters that Ruby painted and bedazzled for Cheyenne's princess bedroom.


I will try to post about more of the handmade gifts later.

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

I love your handmade gifts ideas and the fashion show.

Jolene said...

Hey Chanel - Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! My parents live in Iowa and I'm wondering what Cheyenne's brother's name is and where he is serving? They like to take care of the elders in our branch so if he's ever the Manchester Branch, they will have them out for dinner. Send me an email and let me know!

Jolene

 
Blog tracker