Monday, December 20, 2010

Christmas Traditions

We started early and made popcorn trees all day. I made sure everyone had their hair pulled back, but I'm sure sitting on the counter with bare feet is a health code violation. Lucy was our bowl turner to make sure the popcorn made it in the bowl. 


 Haley was our carmel maker. This was a hard job because she had to have three batches going at all times to keep up with production.

Ruby put the ornaments (M&Ms) on the trees and Max and Opal did the floor clean up.


 Once Cheyenne woke up she joined the team. We were air popping and microwaving popcorn. We had to pull the microwave out of the cabinet to keep it from overheating.


When all was said and done we made and delivered over 20 trees!


One of our other favorite Christmas traditions is decorating the gingerwood houses. More candy was consumed then actually placed on the houses.



They are happily floating on lit up snow over our kitchen cabinets. So cute!


Another big Christmas tradition at our house is advent calendars.  I've got to laugh every morning when the girls start the morning out eating all candy from the calendars. I think this life savor tree is
 everyone's favorite. I'm not sure if they really enjoy the count down or are just into it for the treats.


4 comments:

Suzanne said...

I was just thinking of your trees. They are always so lovely and I appreciate how you recruit all your helpers. Even Eric!

Our gingerwood house is out. Last night I opened all the leftover Halloween candy (sh!). I think the boys will enjoy decorating. I really love the idea of putting them above the cabinets. I may openly steal that idea. :-)

Cass said...

I love your carmel corn trees! I feel lucky to have gotten one right before you moved ;)

Looks like you've got it down to a science!

Jinky said...

Our family gobbled up the tree you gave us one year! I've been meaning to ask you for the recipe. :D

I like Ruby's new look... I sure miss her ... and all of you!!

Have a Merry Christmas and a fabulous New Year!!

xoxo

Sylvia H said...

You, as usual, are an overacheiver. Where did my tree go? It must be in the mail. Yesterday, Eva put ponytails in Golden's hair and I was reminded that Chanel was the first female to torture my beautiful son. Love the girls, they are huge. Miss ya

 
Blog tracker