Monday, December 18, 2006

A crazy day...but I am tickled pink!

Today was so busy. Both Ruby and Lucy had friends come over to play. It was freezing outside so I pulled the slide(another Eric invention) out of the garage and let the kids play.


There was no crying or bleeding so I figured all was well and did laundry and bills. Oh how capable children are when working together. I had told Lucy she could play with her make up if she stayed in the bathroom.


I did not realize there was glitter in the handle of the blush brush. Glitter was all over the bathroom and on all the girls. Every toy, and clothing item upstairs was out, it looked like a disaster. This mess combined with the stress of just having gone through the bills, I was not having a good day. After dinner I went out to get the mail (my 1st time leaving the house) and found several Christmas cards and my Pink Christmas gift! I can't believe how excited I am. Who cares that my house is thrashed and we're poor- life is good! If you don't know about the pink Christmas gift exchange click here.



6 comments:

jenny said...

Did you find out who it was? Glad I didn't send any makeup last week. Then I would have felt totally guilty about Lucy's face!

Jordan said...

I've had many a day like you had rescued by good mail!!

Tasha said...

What darling presentation! That would cheer me up for sure! Bill days are the pits! That Eric is genius, I still use my little light table that he helped Dave make for me for Christmas years ago... You Palmers are an amazing group!

Amy W. said...

Oh Chanel--I just love that slide idea. That Eric is so clever!

Jill said...

Oh happy day to come back from the mailbox with Christmas cards and your Pink Christmas gift! Especially after a chaotic day at home. Good mail makes everything better.

Anonymous said...

Chanel - I had a happy day with good mail from you, too - what a surprise! I cannot believe it... and she will LOVE them!
THANK YOU!!!!!
-Rebecca

 
Blog tracker