Sunday, December 10, 2006

Santa's workshop

We have been busy with all the splendid chaos that is Christmas. There has been non-stop cooking, sewing and woodworking. I have been embroidering 50 hot pads for our Relief Society gifts. I have been wrapping up all the teacher gifts, white elephant gifts and helping Santa with his gift wrapping.

Eric made 15 little gingerwood houses for the kids to decorate at a Christmas party next week. He stained and poliurithaned them, so they can be used again next year. I got this great idea from my friend Kristi. This way when the kids put on the 15 lbs of frosting and candy they do not collapse- brilliant! Thank you Kristi!




I made 60 heart gingerbread cookie ornaments (the kind that smell really good but you cannot eat) for my Relief Society lesson “Of one heart and Mind” next Sunday.

Today we are delivering some of our traditional friend/neighbor gifts- caramel corn Christmas trees decorated with M&M ornaments and a star tag on top. I made these the 1st year we moved here and everyone loved them so much we decided to make it a tradition. I do large trees for big families and and small trees for some of the single ladies and couples without kids. I ate way more of the carmel corn then I should have-I will be making another batch of these trees next week.





5 comments:

jenny said...

Dang now I really wished I lived next door to get one of those cool houses. I am still kicking myself for not having Eric make me a lightbox when he offered! Cute stuff!

Anonymous said...

loved your christmas card, got it yesterday.

love the houses they turned out great! the kids will love them.

ok, teaching the same lesson on sunday so i have two big questions.

1. do you mind sharing the recipe for that, i thought i had one, but i looked in my magazine that i thought it was in and i must have thrown it away. i may just do that for Sunday.
2. i am so intrigued with the construction of the christmas popcorn tree! is is all popcorn or do you have a form

do tell.
chanel, i love seeing into your brilliant mind!

Anonymous said...

ok that was me kristi. i can't log into publish a comment

Anonymous said...

I can't log in right not either...

It is all popcorn. I just wait until it cools a little and use my hands to form it. There is a lot of butter in the carmel so, you don't need to butter your hands.

Kristi- I emailed you the recipe and directions for the cookies.

Chanel

Jill said...

I thought I commented on this, but I must not have been able to log in either. Your projects looks amazing, I want the recipes too please.

 
Blog tracker