Sunday, December 17, 2006

Parties, Parties, Parties...Food, Food, Food...Candy, Candy, Candy


Ward Christmas Party

At our Ward Christmas party unfortunately Santa could not make it, but he called our own Grandpa John to sit in for him. He was a wonderful Santa and my girls had no idea that Santa was their grandpa! Thank you Santa John! (Fyi-I can't crop photos E stripped all the excess programs off when our computer crashed)



Hawley & John's house

We went to Hawley and John's (aka Santa) Christmas party and had a great time. The food was great, all the cousins played really well and decorated the tree. The adults had the much anticipated gift exchange! Eric and I learned a whole new way to play/steal and get what you want-Shonda and Wayne are professionals at this game.

Here is a photo of Hawley and John with some of the grandkids, the older ones did not want to be in the photo.

April & Derik's house

Saturday we went to a Christmas party at April's home in Laguna Beach. April is Eric's step Sister and the one responsible for setting Eric and I up on a blind date 13 years ago.




When we got there all the kids went down to the garage to decorate the little gingerwood houses that Eric made. I think most of the kids ended up eating more candy then they put in there houses, but they had a great time.

The kids had a gift exchange and Lucy ended up getting a purse full of make up. She could not have gotten something that she would have loved more.

It was so fun to see her beautiful home. It is decorated in a cool beach-Christmas way. She has a large starfish as the star on the top of their tree- so cool!

The adults also had a gift exchange. I have never seen such a serious white elephant exchange. People were very...passionate about it, I'll just leave it at that.

April had taken photos all through the night and had posted them on a ribbon board for everyone to take photos home with them. Such a great idea.

We have a blast and I think my kids have now officially eaten enough candy that we will be paying for Dr. Wacker (our Dentist) to buy his own house in Laguna Beach!

I am so thankful that we finally live close to family and are able to see them often. I know my kids love having so many cousins close by.

3 comments:

Jordan said...

Chanel, we did a pre-Christmas morning today with our kids since we're heading north and I don't wish to lug the gifts up to Provo. I only put 3 peices of chandy each in their stockings...I just can't stand to see them eating more candy. You parties look like lots of fun, Our Lucy also got a little Hello kitty makeup bag.

jenny said...

It is freaking me out how much Lucy is looking more and more like Haley. Cute photo of all the kids.

Your hair is getting so long!! And I hope you don't have to pay a visit to Dr. Wacker after the new year.

p.s. I want more details on the white elephant. Umm I may be calling :)

Anonymous said...

Chanel - I have to agree, we are living near family for the first time in our 10 years of marriage and to see the kids around cousins and aunt and uncles... I didn't realize how great this kind of life is!
Jer's work party did white elephant this year, and the tone was more like - it would be rude to actually STEAL a gift... so we basically took turns opening the gifts and moving on! I would like to witness a "passionate" one - or would I?
-Rebecca

 
Blog tracker