Friday, December 22, 2006

The day in LA

We (Mom, husband and 3 kids and myself) spent the entire day on the freeway, or at least it felt like it. We went out to Downey to drop off a gift to a lady that my Mom has been friends with since High School; she was not home- big bummer. Then we drove to Lynwood (the town between Compton and Watts) to go visit with Bernice.



Bernice cleaned our home for over 20 years and was part of our family. She used to always tell me stories about faith and prayer and would sing while she cleaned. One day she could not make it out to our house because a lady in her church fell on her when she was saying hallelujah- got to love a church like that. I was so excited for her to meet my girls and my girls to meet her.

Then we headed to downtown LA to the fashion district. We shopped on Santee alley and then the fabric district.
Yes, there is a fabric district. The 1st time I went there I was so excited I almost stopped breathing. This was my 3rd time there so I could at least pretend that I have self control.

For dinner we drove out to La Brea and Fairfax to the best place to get Italian food in LA, Andre's. It’s a little hole in the wall that we used to eat at when I was a kid and it was in the middle of nowhere…now its right across the street from The Grove (The coolest new Huge outdoor shopping center). Such a long day, I slept in the car the whole way home.

5 comments:

jenny said...

Your a trooper to take all the kids with you. (I know it probably wasn't a choice). Wish I was there to enjoy your mom's christmas eve fantastic soup!

Jill said...

What a long and busy day. How nice of you to go see Bernice. Was she surprised to see you or had you called ahead?

everything pink! said...

Merry Pink Christmas!

jenny said...

Look at you miss cyber chick. How did you switch your sidebar? Are you liking the new Mac?

everything pink! said...

love your new fancy blog! you go girl!

 
Blog tracker