Monday, July 09, 2007

2 days+ 2 quilters= 4 quilts

Jackie (who seriously needs a blog) and I finally put the tops together for our California quilts.

I did my sashing from fabric of oranges and wood to represent the orange crates. I printed old orange crate labels on fabric and put them in the four corners.


Jackie used woven basket material and a stylized fabric with oranges. She is going to add citrus crate labels around the outside of her quilt too.


Even though we missed the 4th of july, we decided that since we were in the quilting mode we should make flag quilts for next year. This is seriously a super easy quilt to make (like 3 hours).

Here are the photos of the ones we made and I have typed out directions if you want to make one too. These are just the tops, they have not been quilted or bound.




You can purchase the pattern to this flag quilt here.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOve Love Love it!! My favorite block is the freeway one. I didn't know you guys did that one. You have been crazy sewing. I haven't even thought about my blocks (sigh).

Anonymous said...

oops that was me.

Jen :)

Jolene said...

Loved the flag quilt. I met someone else today who likes Americana and quilting, so we may be getting a small group going here in Newburgh. Thanks for posting the directions....

Jolene

everything pink! said...

oh chanel. these are so AMAZING and i loved looking at them.
thanks so much for sharing and taking the time to type up the instructions for the flags.

a girl in our ward and her husband works at Walter Reed, she makes flag quilts to give to the soldiers in the hospital, she has tons of people sign the back. she made 15 last december for her husband to give out.
i don't know if your quilt group would like to make one that you could all sign to be given away at Christmas, i could email you her information.

again. those quilts are awesome.

Liz said...

Those turned out fabulous! I love them! It's times like this that I really miss being in NOLA with a group of crafty girls!

Anonymous said...

What amazing quilts! You are so talented! I started cutting out a quilt for the first time this year a month ago---when I stop feeling to pukey I will pick it up and sew it together. You motivate me!! You're amazing!

Suzanne said...

I am so glad you wrote the directions for the flag quilt. The Redlands quilts are both incredible. I can't wait to see how mine turns out.

Jill said...

I'm not even close to being a quilter so I don't feel very qualified to comment other than that I can appreciate the art, time and talent it takes and am glad you got to do something you love so much with friends.

patsy said...

Just read your blog for the first time & I love it! Thank you for leaving these instructions~I will try it. Have you ever given the instructions for the birthday quilt or do you know where i can get them? Thanks

 
Blog tracker