Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Haley's BIG trip

So my Mom has offered to take each of her grandchildren on a trip of their choice. The only rule is the place they choose needs to be educational or historical. Last year she took Weston to NY because he wanted to see the Statue of Liberty. Haley requested going to see and learn about puffins- at the time she announced this I had no idea what Puffins even were. Haley has known about this trip for 6 months and been talking about it and planning it everyday.

Well today was the day. I took her to the airport and she is flying all alone to Salt Lake and then she and my Mom are flying to Maine together. Haley is so excited she is beaming. I am a nervous wreak. When I watched her walk away with the flight attendant I started crying. I know that they will both have a great time, but I can't help feeling so worried.



Since Haley will be in Maine for her 9th birthday (Thurs), she woke up with the birthday quilt this morning and we took her photo in front of it before she left.


I can't believe that I have a 9 year old and I can't believe that she is traveling across the country without me.

Edit- 8:36 pm I just talked to Haley in SLC and she had a great flight and loved looking at all the little towns and streets below. I can breath now.

8 comments:

Suzanne said...

Wow, Chanel, this is big! I will pray for smooth and safe travels and I will await the posting that says that she made it to UT safely.

Liz said...

Oh I would be a nercous wreck too!! Glad she arrived safely! Wow, Maine? We are planning a trip up there in August and are also thinking about driving all the way up to Prince Edward Island. I can't wait to hear all about her trip! Please post pictures!!

Oh, and Happy Birthday Haley!!!

Jill said...

What an awesome grandma your mother must be, and how priceless to provide such a personalized trip for each grand child, wow!

I would have been a wreck sending my almost-9 year old on a flight by himself as well. She's going to have such a great time!

Sarah Hull said...

Chanel, I was at Jackie's house the other day and she showed me your blog and I loved it. You are so talented!
I am very inspired.
Do you think we can ever talk Jackie into getting a blog of her own?
How fun of your mom to take each grandchild on a historical vacation! What a neat experience for both of them.

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure this day will ever come for me. Good job and glad to hear you can breathe again! Hope she has a great and very educational trip.

jenny said...

How cool! I bet this will be her best birthday ever. Happy Birthday Sweet Haley :)

Bond Girl 007 said...

oh my goodness how brave, but i love the idea of your mom to take them to a special place....wow that is something really nice and what a bond it must form. brave mom...oh by the way, i am jill's friend, and i love the picture of your mom with all the children she and they look all adorble, what a beautiful setting too

michelle said...

What an amazing thing for your mom to do! Such a great grandma. My kids have never flown alone yet, I would definitely be a wreck too!

 
Blog tracker