Friday, July 20, 2007

The Birthday Quilt


I have had so many people ask for the pattern to this birthday quilt so here is the info. It is from Eleanor Burns book Ice Cream Cone Quilt from her quilt in a day series ISBN#1891776037.

You can buy this book from Half. com Here , or you can get it Here from Barns & Noble or Here from Amazon.

This quilt is a birthday tradition at our house. You wake up with it on your bed on your Birthday and you get your photo taken in front of it each year so that you can see how much you have grown. It stays up for a while so everyone that walks in the front door asks who's birthday it is. My girls really look forward to it. The night before their birthday they say "Don't forget to put the quilt on my bed tonight".

Ruby's 4th birthday

Ruby's 5th birthday

Ruby's 6th birthday

8 comments:

patsy said...

Thank you so much for putting up the birthday quilt info! Darling girls!

Shar said...

You are so talented, and have such great ideas. And your girls are getting so big and they are DARLING!

jenny said...

Thank goodness for Julie's creation. I am glad we did that!!

JnR said...

That is such a great idea! I also thought it would be neat to have a measuring stick on one side so that you could ''mark' (sew in the year) how tall they are.

Chanel Palmer said...

I love the idea of the measuring them on the quilt with their name and year! I'm going to start doing that on the back.
Thank you for the idea!

michelle said...

I love this tradition!

Mique (as in Mickey) said...

Found you through Jill....super cute quilt...I want to make one (but I don't sew or quilt- it's on my to do list). Such a cute tradition!

Jill said...

This is such a cute, personal tradition. I especially love that you take a photo of the girls in front of it on their birthday, it will be so spectacular to see all the photos of them through the years as they grow.

 
Blog tracker