Sunday, August 26, 2007

Good mail, Great weekend!

Ruby was very excited to receive her own good mail. She got the September "fashion issue" of Elle from her Grandma Bonnie with a note that said "here's some fashion research for you!" That was super thoughtful Mom, she loved it and has been studying it a lot. Fyi-I went through it and tore out all the photos of naked and half naked models.


We got to spend Friday and Saturday at the beach with Melissa and John. Melissa is one of my favorite people, and her husband and kids are pretty cool too. While sitting on the beach, my friend Jackie came walking by with the Young Women from her ward. Such a small world.


Ruby took us to her little restaurant on the Pier for shakes.

Ruby and Lucy both flew kites for the 1st time ever. They had a blast. Luckily no one was seriously injured that was sitting near us.



Haley spent the day in the water. Except for the walk to the pier, she was body surfing and boogie boarding the entire day. She did not even get out for lunch or smores.

In other non-beach related news...
Lucy has finally figured out how to pump her legs on a swing! It boggles my mind how a 4 year old could swim down to get dive rings off the bottom of the deep end and yet could not swing herself on a swing. All is well now.

5 comments:

Liz said...

Your day at the beach sounds super fun!

I am glad to hear you tore out the naked pictures!!

Jill said...

My first thought when I saw the magazine was "oh-no, what will she see in there?" so you're a wise mom for editing it first.

The beach pictures are cute, your hair is looking long. (Not that I have ever seen you in person, but for some reason I thought it was shorter.)

Jill said...

Dang it, I forgot to say that it's a great, great day when a kid can finally pump their legs themselves on the swing. It's so exciting, it's a milestone.

KC said...

Ok, that has got to be world's cutest picture of Lucy on the swing. :) I miss her. Your day at the beach with Mellissa looked fun. Tell her hi for me! You look hot!

jenny said...

The question is I see Eric wearing
his favorite shirt but where are the green ones??

Hurray for Lucy! I have loved when they learned to do that. Now, if they could just give Weston a few pointers....

 
Blog tracker