Thursday, August 02, 2007

Sewing and surfing lessons

I had a phone message from my Sister asking me to please update my blog so here's what we have been up to:

Ruby's sewing teacher hasn't been able to come by for a while so I asked her what she wanted to make. She went through all my fabric and pulled out some gold fabric with little sequin mirrors and some purple striped fabric. She was so excited and said these were perfect for the skirt she wanted to make. She explained what she wanted several times and when I repeated it back she would say "No, no you don't understand" so I had her draw it for me.


She was very exact about how wide she wanted the stripes to be and was upset when I cut them 1/2 in wider. Once I explained the 1/4 in seam thing, she relaxed. She has been sewing the stripes together for a couple of days...this is going to be a very interesting skirt.

Shawna- you commented on the last post that "someday we will all be clamoring for a Ruby design". I will not be surprised if there are Ruby designs, but I'm pretty sure that you and I (30ish Moms) would never wear them.

I love to watch her convert my machine for her. She stacks up the boxes and grabs the pillows and gets to work.



In other nonrelated news our die hard surfing neighbor gave my girls surfing lessons in the pool. They had a blast and can't wait to try it at the beach.




7 comments:

Liz said...

That Ruby is amazing! I can't wait to see the finished skirt!

Surfing lessons! Now that is cool!

michelle said...

She just may be a designer yet, that sketch has real flair!

Tasha said...

I can't wait to see the finished product!

Anonymous said...

Ruby is too cute. I love how she moves everything aside just so she can reach the foot pedal on the machine.

Hey, and you just may be saving tons of $$$ by having a surfing neighbor. What a fun thing for the girls to learn.

jen

Jill said...

Ruby Designs eh? She's got a good name already.

Amanda said...

I think Posey and Ruby could be kindred spirits. She hasn't started using my machine...but draws clothes and designs them in her mind. How great to see her have passion and go with it!

melanie said...

I love how she had to explain it to you more than once. She knows her designs! Can't wait to see it on her!

 
Blog tracker