Sunday, November 18, 2007

Day 2 Ocho Rios Jamaca



As soon as we arrived on Jamaica, we took a van to some remote location to go river tubing. It was a long (like 40min) drive up a VERY bumpy dirt road. There were times that I thought there was no way we would make it and we were going to get stuck. Our tour guide said that they get a lot of flat tires because the road is so bad. I just prayed that we would not get one and we didn't. While on this dirt road in the middle of nowhere, we passed this little food shack.

Luckily we were not hungry. Check out what he was selling-



We finally made it to the top and got into the river.


I cant believe we got my Mom to do this. She complained the whole time, but I think she really enjoyed it.



The kids all had a blast. For the most part it was a lazy river ride, but there were a few rapids. While floating down the river at one point we saw a couple of horses grazing on the side.





After we recovered from the ride down the scary dirt road, David and Eric took the kids to Duns Falls. Once they got there they quickly realized that there was no way two adults could help 7 children climb up several hundred feet of water falls

...so they hired a guide to help them.


The kids came back super animated and excited to tell us all about how fun the falls were.

While the boys had all the kids at Dunns falls My Mom, my Sister and I went shopping. There was really nothing to buy other then strange wood carvings, or really nice jewelry ...can you guess where we spent our time?

3 comments:

patsy said...

My husband & I went on a cruise 4 years ago that stopped at Ocho Rios! I loved it- it's kind of scary though in a way. We did the falls walk too. I loved seeing your pictures. so glad you had such a fun trip!

Liz said...

Fun trip! THe meat man is a little scary though.

Did you buy any jewlery??

Simply Selph said...

This was amazing. I am wishing I had been there. Can I be your child the next time you go on a trip? Janine

 
Blog tracker