Thursday, November 22, 2007

Day 6 At sea- Thanksgiving

I did not realize what a HUGE part food plays on a cruise. It felt like thanksgiving every single day. We hardly ever eat out so the fact that I did not cook or clean up dishes for 7 days was a great vacation in itself.

The food was really amazing. I stretched my stomach so much that towards the end of the cruise I was eating 3 rolls before dinner, an appetizer, a salad, my dinner and sometimes two desserts. I fully expected to pack on some pounds but I didn't care. For thanksgiving dinner I ordered Lobster instead of turkey just because I can eat turkey anytime, but lobster is normally not an option. I ate every bite and loved it. Our waiter Sergi brought out a whole new plate of lobster for me....and I ate all that too! Really, I ate more on that ship in a week then I normally eat in a month.

Sergi got our kids to try all differnt kinds of foods that they had never tried and they loved all of them. They all expecially loved Kiwi and ate about 7 kiwi fruits each per day. This was Haley trying a cold coconut soup that she loved!



We had some cousin time in our cabin. Ali and Jacob came over to watch Even almighty and of course sit in the window.



They danced and played and had a great time. It was all good until Lucy used a little stamper to stamp Ali's face and body...I was less then 6 feet away and totally oblivious. I guess I was just really into the movie. The stamps washed off...eventually.



Every night when the kids were at the kids club we went out to the shows. They had great comedians, magicians a hypnotist (that tried to hypnotize Eric on stage), there was always some entertainment or class going on.

My Sister Tiffany and her husband Dave


Me and the cute guy I met scuba diving
My Mom Bonnie

No comments:

 
Blog tracker