Monday, November 12, 2007

Happy Birthday Eric!

Do you recognize this shirt?


Any one that has known Eric at all over the past 9 years will recognize this shirt. I have purchased new ones over the years and tried to spice it up with a new color or design change, but he insists on the classic navy blue. They are only offering cobalt this year..big problem.


Another constant, his breakfast. Every morning he eats 2 packages of Quaker instant oatmeal, a Yoplait yogurt, a bowl of cottage cheese and a big glass of orange juice. When he is feeling wild and crazy he will sometimes eat a bowl of Frosted Flakes on Saturday! FYI- I eat something different almost every morning.

His evenings are like clockwork, he spends time with the family until 8pm. From 8-10 he studies then at 10:00 he exercises.
Eric is very organized and well balanced....the opposite of me! You would think that the busy madness from my constant "projects" would make him crazy (and it may) but he is always supportive and encouraging to me. He has never complained about the entire wall of our bedroom that has been taken over with sewing. Although one time when he found a small stack of fabric on his night-stand (temporarily), he told me that I had "crossed the line".


I am so thankful for the balance he is to me and our marriage.

One of my favorite things about Eric is watching him be a Dad, he is really the greatest. He absolutely adores our girls and they feel the same about him.


Our girls are convinced that he can fix or make ANYTHING. He has gone to great lengths to never let them down. He has often spent a ton of time fixing stuff for them that should have been thrown away, just because he knows it will make them happy.


One night when he got home from work, Haley said that she thought it would be fun to hike up Mt. Rubidoux and watch the sunset. I started explaining why that was not practical and Eric said "I think it sounds like fun, lets hurry so we don't miss the sunset" so Eric and the girls went and hiked up just in time to see the sunset.


After looking through photos of Eric, I realized that I have taken a lot of photos of his back side. Since I obviously like that a lot, I figured it would be appropriate to end this post!


Happy Birthday Love!

3 comments:

Liz said...

Happy Birthday Eric!

You are funny Chanel!!

Suzanne said...

Chanel, what an endearing post for Eric's birthday. I'm glad I don't have to look at that crazy mad woman picture any more!

jenny said...

Happy belated birthday Enrique!! And yes, how oould you forget that blue wooden boat shirt. Definitely seen pasted to his body numerous times. That and those green shorts. Does he still have those??

 
Blog tracker