Monday, January 07, 2008

My new favorite word:

I had a relative in an email tell me that I have moxy. I had no idea what moxy was so I googled it and found that in the urban dictionary it has 3 definitions:

1.) What the Hollywood world today calls 'it.'
2.) You have an great amount of courage or bravery to do what you want do to.
3.) You have Herpes (which was originally called Moxygoshthisitchesherpes but was shortened to just Herpes in the mid-60's)

Herpes! I laughed so hard I was crying

In a later email he clarified what moxy traditionally means:

"You have moxey (a very positive condition) where you can diagnose a problem, solve it, and go on. Not a lot of people have it but those that do are natural leaders."

I think that's the greatest complement I have been given... and my new favorite word!

5 comments:

jenny said...

That is moxyalicious!

Suzanne said...

I always knew there was something special about you, Moxy Momma!

Jill said...

I love that word, what a compliment.

I've always spelled it Moxie.
mox·ie
–noun Slang.
1. vigor; verve; pep.
2. courage and aggressiveness; nerve.
3. skill; know-how.

everything pink! said...

you so have moxey!
you are the queen of solving problems and keeping them from happening!

Tasha said...

Chanel, you absolutely = moxy!
Tasha

 
Blog tracker