Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Finally...

When Haley turned 2 and moved into a big girl bed I made her a special quilt for her bed.

When Ruby turned 2 and moved to a big girl bed I made her a special quilt for her bed.

Lucy is 4 and will be 5 in June... I have never finished her quilt.

Almost every night when it gets really cold Eric drops hints like "I hope Lucy will not freeze tonight, she doesn't have a quilt to keep her warm like the other girls" or my personal favorite " I hope Lucy still knows that you love her, even though you didn't make her a special quilt".

So finally...2 years after starting it... I finally finished Lucy's quilt!!!

It's not that it took me that long, it just kept getting bumped by other projects. I finally finished it last night, washed and dried it(hot so that it gets all soft and the quilting looks cool) so that she woke up with it on her bed. She did not want to get out of bed. She stayed in bed giggeling and smiling- I had to grab my camera.


She finally knows I love her!




I made this quilt 5 x 9 blocks (larger then the pattern) but other then that I followed this great pattern created by Heather French. This technique is called soft edge applique, it was not difficult and would be a great quilt for beginners or those of us that have a large stash to pull from.

If you want to make one you can purchase her pattern here.

9 comments:

Suzanne said...

The quilt is spectacular, of course, and only pales next to your darling daughter Lucy with her adorable new hairdo!

jenny said...

As always the quilt is amazing. I remember you making the others and buying and buying AND buying too much or too little fabric.

I am almost certain Lucy KNEW he loved you. Eric sure does know how to put on a GOOD guilt trip :)

Shonda said...

That quilt is gorgeous! I really want Larkin and I to sign up for the Chanel Quilting School. Maybe we can take a field trip and come over sometime when you have nothing better to do. (Yeah, like that ever happens!)But first you would have to show me how to turn on my sewing machine. (Blush)
Love,
Your Sewing Impaired Sister in Law

Annemarie said...

It's darling, Chanel! Good work!

Amanda said...

I am speechless (or typeless?). The fabric is amazing. The flowers are so darling. It seems to fit her personality. Did you machine quilt the entire thing? HOW do you do that? So wonderful!!

patsy said...

Wow that quilt is amazing! I'm sure she knew you loved her but the quilt helps! I love that she didn't want to get out of bed- cutie!!!

Liz said...

Oh! It is gorgeous!!! She really must know you love her now!! I am just laughing at Eric's comments!

Jill said...

You've got serious skills, that quilt is amazing!

Natasha said...

Chanel, that is BEAUTIFUL! She must feel like a lucky little girl!

 
Blog tracker