Thursday, January 24, 2008

She's here!

I need to answer the question that everyone (including my Husband has asked me)...
Why are we getting another dog?

A friend of ours named Kelly bought this beautiful Teddy Bear breed puppy and I have heard for weeks how beautiful and cute she is but that she pees all over the place. Kelly sent her to a trainer for several weeks and the puppy came back still peeing all over the place. So Kelly and her family decided that this dog was not working for them.

My Sister mentioned that they needed to get rid of it and I immediately said we would take it... to which my Sister replied "Don't you understand that it's retarded and will pee everywhere?". I told her I still wanted it. Shortly after that they found out from the Veterinarian that the puppy had a REALLY bad bladder infection. Kelly and her family had already made up their mind that they were not dog people and called and said if you want her you can have her....I was thrilled!

****The Eric Contractual Agreement (Yes, he made me shake on it) **** If I am not really the dog whisperer and she is still peeing all over in 3 months, we have to get rid of her (My Mom has already has 1st dibs). To avoid three crying girls at our house, we have told the girls this is Kelly's dog and we are training it for her then sending it back in 3 months.


I am going to do everything in my power to insure that she is fully potty trained as soon as possible.

So after that long introduction..... here are some photos of our new little girl that after much thought and deliberation, Haley and Ruby have decided to name Opal.

She looks just like Max only 7 lbs instead of 20 lbs.


I thought my challenge was going to be potty training her, but so far she has been going on the piddle pad. The hard part is going to be convincing Max that she is not the Devil. He wants NOTHING to do with her.


6 comments:

Liz said...

She's certainly cute! I love the name the girls came up with. I hope Max decides to like her soon!

Annemarie said...

You are a nice mom!

KC said...

Poor Max. He looks totally miffed.

She is so cute! I hope she shapes up for you.

The quilt for Lucy is awesome. I have no one to quilt with out here and I feel so out of the loop. I need you half a block away again so I can run over and have you help me!

Anonymous said...

what kind of breed is she? She is sooooo cute!!!!

Chanel Palmer said...

It is it's own recognized bread called "Teddy Bear" but that really translates to a mix between a Bichon Frise and a Shitzu.

She really is cute and has a great personality.

Amanda said...

Wow! You are so good to take on another baby!

 
Blog tracker