Saturday, March 20, 2010

Gardening

We have joined a local co-op garden with 12 other families. The garden itself is over an acre. We are in the process of getting everything tilled and planted. Today we put up the trellis material for the peas.

The girls helped weed, but mostly they had a blast looking for worms(obviously city kids). The other kids that have been around gardens their whole lives were looking at my girls like "Ya that's a worm, what's the big deal"


This garden is a lot of work, but I love the families we are working with and can't wait to enjoy the harvest. My one of my favorite things about working in a garden...

My awesome red garden boots.

1 comment:

Tasha said...

What a dream to have such a big garden co-op! Come summer you are going to have the best produce to eat!

 
Blog tracker