Saturday, March 06, 2010

Say WHAT?

3/2/10
As we were getting ready to leave for karate and gymnastics my neighbor (that I have never met) rang our doorbell to tell me that our dog was loose and running around the the front yard.

I thanked her for letting me know and went out to grab Opal. Haley and two of her friends in karate uniforms came out to see who was there while Cheyenne, Ruby and Lucy were running through the house trying to catch each other. My neighbor with a slightly disapproving tone said "Wow, how many children do you have?"
I could tell she was thinking that I couldn't talk care of the loose dog, how many children am I not taking care of. I explained that we have 4 girls but 2 friends were also going with us to karate.

At this point Ruby and Lucy run outside wearing gymnastics leotards and sweatshirts no pants or shoes, so it looks like they are in their underwear. I asked them to go get on pants and shoes before gymnastics because it was freezing outside- they ignored me and walked over to pet the neighbors leashed dog obediently sitting at her feet.

The phone rings and Haley goes to get it. The neighbor now obviously thinking I am a crazy parent with no control over my kids says to me "Wow, it looks like you really have your hands full". Just as she is saying this Haley walks out and puts the phone to my ear and says "Dad needs you." then she turns to this 70 year old women and says "Do you know we have 17 pets?" The woman's eye lids disappeared "REALLY?" Haley bragging says "Oh YA, we have two rats... two dogs... two chinchillas and one is pregnant... a guinea pig... a tree frog...a hamster and 8 chickens in our laundry room."


2/25/10
At breakfast the girls were discussing overalls.
I said "when I was pregnant with Haley I wore linen overalls all the time".
Haley in her annoyed voice said "Oh great, I must have looked like an idiot baby".
Me "Haley you were in my belly, no one could see you"
Haley "Ya but they could see the overalls!"

2/23/10
Lucy was walking around the house with both hands down the back of her pants.
I said "Lucy are your bum cheeks itchy?"
She said "No, I just really like squishing em."

2/8/10
Ruby screaming as loud as possible "MOM!!! THERE ARE LICE BUGS ALL OVER THE BATH TUB".
"Ruby there is no lice in our house, we killed it all" Me
"Oh YES there IS!... come look with your eyes right here!" Ruby
"Ruby, those are little tiny pieces of hair from Cheyenne shaving her legs, they won't hurt you" Me
"Cheyenne shaves her legs?" Ruby (looking confused)
"Yes" me
"She does it in the bathtub???? That is so disgusting!... Why can't she shave in the sink like Dad?" Ruby

1/15/10
"Lucy! Why did you throw this away????" Ruby
"It's really old... like from 1980" Lucy
"That's impossible Lucy, 1980 was the Civil war and you were not born yet" Ruby

6 comments:

Jinky said...

I love your children ... so funny! --Sure miss you guys. :/

Anonymous said...

Let us know when CPS or the Health Department comes by. We will be character witnesses for you, or perhaps that would make it worse...

Annemarie said...

I remember the cute linen overalls and neither you or Haley looked like idiots ;)

jenny said...

I too recall those overall, infact I think I have a photo of you with them on. Miss those Palmer's!!

Tasha said...

You looked absolutely darling in those overalls! I remember wishing I could have carried off that look!

Stephanie said...

Those are HILARIOUS.
I can picture everything in the first one! and the idiot baby part..oh my gosh. I was laughing with tears coming out!

 
Blog tracker