Saturday, January 27, 2007

Double Date


Today Eric and I ditched the kids and went on a date with John & Kira. We went to downtown LA to go shopping. It really is like going to a different country. Of course we hit the fabric district where I scored on 10 yards of super cheep green mermaid skin fabric for Ruby's birthday party(I'm making little mermaid skirts for the girls). Kira and I were looking for fabric for a Valentines quilt block exchange, we bought some, but nothing too exciting.


We ate dinner at my favorite place to eat in LA. As you can see from the photo it is really fine dining. The have the best spagetti, garlic bread, and gelato ever.

After dinner we went across the street to The Grove shopping center. There is a huge Anthropology store there that Kira and I were loving. Check out how cute these aprons are. I want to sew one.


We were cracking up at Eric and John reading the books the whole time like they were at the library.

It was raining and cold but didn't matter. We had so much fun and laughed so hard I am going to be sore tomorrow. It was fun to spend the day together kid free.

The kids had a great time with Grandma and Grandpa (Hawley & John). When we picked them up they said "We had fun- they fed us tons of junk" then they listed all the treats they had. Sound good to me!

3 comments:

Jill said...

I can't even remember the last time Randy and I went on a fun double date like that, how sad is that? I guess the closest we come to laughing really hard with another couple is when my brother and his wife come over on Fridays for game night. You're making me miss being footloose and fancy free out on the town with friends. It sounds like a great day! Those mermaid skirts are going to be darling.

Jordan said...

Sounds like we need to find someone to "ditch" our kids to. What fun, I'm jealous of your downtown romp and side-splitting time, not to mention my FAVORITE store!!!

jenny said...

Fun night out. You are a great mom for making more mermaid skirts for her birthday. Can we come too?

I probably should have signed up for that Valentine exchange since a heart quilt would be cute. Oh, well right? Kid free is always a bonus--we did that last night too.

 
Blog tracker