Friday, January 12, 2007

WHAT IS THIS?

Today I woke up the whole house by screaming (no that is not the normal way I wake up my girls). I opened the blinds and it had snowed! We live in Southern California, not too far from Palm Springs it doesn’t snow here...but it did today! We were all so excited about the snow that Eric was late to work (so he could have a snowball fight with the girls). My girls were late to school because when we got to school we realized that we forgot their backpacks, so we ran back home.The car ride to school was interesting-both times. Ruby kept saying you have to send a picture to Grandma Bonnie so she can see the snow (fyi-Grandma lives in Salt Lake). Then Lucy busted out with her story that If you throw a big snowball at a little bumble bee- it will die. Ruby told her that you cannot kill animals, it would make Heavenly Father sad...unless you need to eat them, she added. Lucy let us all know that she did not want to eat a bee.
Glad we got that cleared up. When I dropped of the kids at school everyone was smiling, taking pictures and so excited about the snow. Haley said "this is going to be the best day ever" as I dropped her off at school.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

LUCKY! I love that Eric was late because of the snowball fight, and thanks for recounting the sweet conversation - I love your little ones' brains.
We had a snow day yesterday with no snow in sight! Wishful thinking, I suppose.

Tasha said...

Holy Cow! It has not snowed here yet this winter. Its amazing. So fun to have a snow day! I love that Eric was late to work so he could snow-ball fight with the girls.

jenny said...

That is definitely one for the record books. How crazy snow in California!
I am cracking up over Lucy and Ruby's conversation.

everything pink! said...

so great.
remember Dory's story about her snowman on the Christmas quilt. your girls will never forget.

Jordan said...

So lucky! There is nothing like waking up to the previous nights snowfall. It is like a secret admirer leaving you a gift.

Jill said...

That's so crazy that it snowed in Southern California, I'm sure your girls will always remember this day and the fact that they woke to hearing you scream.

Liz said...

Wow! You got snow in CA and we have not had one bit of snow yet here! I can't believe it! That is for sure a fun thing to have happen for your girls!

jenny said...

Your new banner looks splendid! I hope you get get the dimentions right.

melanie said...

I grew up in Vegas and this happened a couple times. Everyone went NUTS! I'm so glad they had a snowball fight and they were late for school. Those will be great memories!

 
Blog tracker