Thursday, January 04, 2007

My 2007 New Years Resolution

I have put a lot of thought into what goals to set for 2007. I love to make goals, but rarely stick to them. I always resolve to exercise, but I have never continued to exercise for longer then a month. I have this ability to keep myself so busy that I conveniently only have time to do that which I want to do (translation that which is fun). So I have decided to make ONE New Years Resolution, just one. So here it is:

I am going to read the scriptures every day. I am going to read them every night with my family before family prayer and I am going to read them by myself each night before I go to bed.

I can do this. I will do this. I know that this will bring more improvement to me personally and my family then any thing else I could resolve to do.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can't top that, Chanel. Of course this is the one that will lead to so many other blessings. Good for you for putting it out there. Very inspiring.

Jill said...

I need to adopt this goal as well. I don't know why reading scriptures as a family is so hard for me, except that by the end of the day I just want to be DONE with the kids and never feel like doing that. I either need to come up with a morning plan or figure something else out. But I certainly could read by myself at night. Thanks for the inspiration!

Liz said...

I like your resolution! It is one of mine too. Although, I'd like to get where I read before everyone else gets up in the morning, but until I start getting a full night's sleep I don't see it happening.

jenny said...

I have a harder time reading them individually. Lucky we have Luke to ALWAYS to remind us we need to read and "fold our arms" Hey one, is better than none. And it's worth even more if you can do it.

Jordan said...

If you only have one resolution, that is the one to have. The promises attached to doing that one thing are so great that the rewards will reach further than a whole page of resolutions could! Inspiring.

Tasha said...

I agree with Jordan, if you are going to pick one, this is the one!
You can TOTALLY do it!

Allison said...

Good luck! You can do it!

Anonymous said...

You are so wise. This is the best resolution. Happy reading, my friend.

 
Blog tracker